The capital is Addis Ababa. It borders Somalia, Djibouti, Sudan, Eritrea and Kenya. The official language is Amharic and other local languages. English is widely spoken. The Ethiopian Orthodox Church, a Christian branch, is the most widespread in the north and south plateau. In other parts of the country there are Muslims and other animistic cults.
- The visa is a mandatory document.
- The country is unstable and in February 2018 a state of emergency was declared. Visit it only if necessary.
- Stay informed through the news.
- You must be aware of the environment and your belongings.
- Always act prudently and be respectful at all times.
- Always inform your travel itineraries.
- Avoid border regions./li>
- Avoid crowds, especially those of a political nature.
- Take a copy of your documents with you and always keep them in sight.
The yellow fever vaccine is mandatory to enter the country. In addition, the recommended ones are:
- Hepatitis A
- Tetanus and diphtheria