Its capital is Nom Pem. It borders with Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and the Gulf of Thailand. The official language is Khmer, perhaps one of the oldest on the planet and is spoken by 95% of the population who are also Khmer. French is the language of instruction. The official religion is Theravada Buddhism and a minority professes Christianity.
- The visa is obligatory to enter the country.
- The passport must be valid for at least 6 months when entering and leaving the country.
- The climate is hot all year round.
- It is necessary to have a traveler's kit.
- Bring a mosquito net and a good mosquito repellent.
- It is advisable to drink a lot of water, but always when it is bot
- Although the country is safe, it is advisable to avoid the border with Thailand.
- Acquire a medical insurance.
Yellow fever vaccination is only mandatory for people coming from countries where the disease is at risk or endemic. The following vaccines are recommended:
- Hepatitis A y B
In addition, a malaria treatment needs to be carried out before the journey begins.